Sunday, July 11, 2010

week 16 - neck ache

i woke up sunday morning morning, sat up and immediately wondered “why does my neck ache?” yoga perhaps? i couldn’t be (shouldn’t be!) that sore as it had been 3 days since my last class. then I realized the pinching pain was from the massive amount of beads we were carrying in shoulder bags saturday morning at the bead show we attended to buy summer/fall mesh raw inventory.

don’t get me wrong, look at the beads we got!....it was worth the pain!

saturday morning, melissa and I attended one of the great quarterly gem and jewelry shows that comes to chicago. vendors are there from all over the world and have the best beads hands down…they have the beads we cannot typically get in any chicago bead stores even! there is every shape and size bead at this show. other than this event, we mainly get our big and chunky beads from our trusted new york vendors. we even met a woman from nepal this trip. she was carrying our favorite worsted wool beads which we typically order from portugal!

anyhow, this was our best ‘buy’ to date. all the beads we typically search for were right in front of us! we got such an amazing inventory of beads….so much so, that I didn’t even put them away when I got home. I laid every strand on my island counter. (my husband must be wondering by now when we will eat dinner at the counter again...sorry!) i went straight ahead and made a necklace (#590) from these great citron stones. they are that perfect yellow that is found everywhere in fashion right now. intermixed are light gray striations which make a perfect warm and cool color combination. this piece will transition right into fall.

we have three home|shows booked over the next 30 days and we're thrilled to unveil the new products.

-sherry

on the table - more beads than I ever thought possible to carry

No comments:

Post a Comment