Monday, January 10, 2011

week 42 - first necklace of 2011

as we start another year we begin a whole new list of ‘firsts’ for 2011. a quick search will tell you that the first baby born in chicago for 2011 was a girl at 12:01am at loyola. the first couple to get married this year in chicago was on january 3rd. so, it was the justice of the peace…it was legit.

i myself am celebrating my first anniversary next month! i’m also taking my first trip to india of the year in 9 days! i’m excited about both of those things…

the other big news of this year is the first mesh necklace made in 2011. whew! i officially introduce you to necklace #668. (yes, as in….we’ve made 668 necklaces to date!) we went to a bead buy back in december and i have been dying to use these chunky stones! they have been sitting on the folding table in the corner of my loft for weeks now…just taunting me! so, i did it. managed to get a couple hours in on sunday of bead making while melissa was 25,000 feet in the air flying to shang hai.

anyhow, these are my fabulous natural stones that I got from a vendor named may! they are my favorite. nothing but the classic mesh offset would do these justice. maybe you will snag it at the first mesh show of 2011. in the meantime, i’ll be sporting it until then….

-sherry

on the table | may's beads for 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment