Monday, April 11, 2011

week 52 - art anyone?

so, i have this big dream to some day be fancy enough to own an artwork collection. i mean the big pieces of art that take up your entire living room wall fancy! the one that you think..."i couldn't spend that much, could i?" but you do!

my current problem is...that I've found the art. however, i'm not really in the right stage of life to be fancy yet! (translation: get me out of my one bedroom condo already!) there is an art gallery just a few blocks down from the church my husband and i attend. it is called the thomas masters gallery. occasionally, we stop in when something from the storefront catches our eye.

last year, there was an amazing painting in the front window by artist and french painter, david gista. it was spectacular...a library scene with a girl in an amazing blue dress staring at her books. he work is noticeable with just the right about of abstract. since that show, i've dreamt of hanging that piece in my living room someday. the day after i win the lotto, mind you.

well, i was thrilled to get an email last week that announced that the artist was featured again and that the opening night was last friday! perfect! our friends, mike and erin, were in town and we figured we would sneak in a quick peek before dinner at pizza art cafe in lincoln square (go there-get the bruchetta...now).

the work was spectacular...so much so, that now my slight intrigue has turned major obsession. this collection featured the typical library scenes and these new amazing stair shots.

i really would recommend a quick stop into the gallery. it's worth it. 245 w. north avenue in chicago.





-sherry

on the table| new spring necklaces!

p.s. hope to see everyone on thursday at spring bling!

2 comments:

  1. He is very, very talented!! I get to see all of his amazing work both to and from work! This current collection is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you posted the portrait of me in my favorite reading gown. A favorite!

    Thanks for a fun night full of art: at the gallery and at the yummy pizza cafe! We enjoyed every bit and can't wait to meet up again.

    ReplyDelete